DIY Design Coach
Hello DIY'er! We love that you want to tackle a project on your own and we want to help! Partnering with us on your DIY project will ensure that you don't waste time (or, money) doing it all wrong. Whether it's furnishing a space, refinishing or building something, finalizing accessories or selecting materials like tile, countertops, or fixtures, we're here to be your design "partner-in-crime" to make sure everything goes smoothy!
Our Basic DIY Design Partner provides a conceptual plan for you to use as a "recipe" to pull together a beautiful and cohesive space on your own. This package allows you to enter into a "light" version of our exclusive Luxury Design Partner, providing you with the core foundational elements necessary to create that dream look you're after, without all the accessories and finishes to fully complete the space.
Confidently approach your DIY Project with the help of our incredibly talented design team!
*Prices are per space. Multiple rooms or smaller spaces have special pricing.
DIY Design Partner is Right for you if:
· You need furniture and want to make sure you buy the right size and style for your space.
· You just need a direction and plan for the finishing touches.
· You want to reupholster or refinish something you own and need advice.
· You struggle with design decisions, worried you will make a mistake.
· You want a professional to tell you what to do and what to buy to fill in your design gaps.
· You have time to shop and source furnishings and decor on your own, and prefer direction on what to shop for.
What to Expect from our DIY Design Partner Service
· Accurate Measurements of the Space
· Detailed Floor Plan to Scale
· Custom Color Story for the Space
· Basic Lighting and Accessory Concept
· Detailed Design Plan Specifications
· Comprehensive Budget Estimate
· Local Resource List
· Basic DIY Design Bundle
*Ask us about our Option to buy for our DIY Design Partners for an added layer of service with your DIY Project.
*Learn more about these valuable deliverables, refer to our "Package Glossary" below.
Our DIY Design Partner Process:
1. After having an "Initial Consultation" with us, you can purchase and enter into our DIY Process where we will partner with you to create a plan for your DIY Project. First, depending on the project, we may come by to take formal measurements (or we'll ask you to provide them for us if you're remote) or if your DIY project is more unique and hands-on, we'll take some time to learn about the specifics of what you're looking to do and proceed from here. We will also have a meeting that we call an "Idea Session" to confirm the budget, design style and functionality of the project. Due to the nature of this design package, it is highly recommended that all decision makers involved in the project are present during this meeting.
2. When our team has all the information we need, we will create a plan with you on how to approach the project. Depending on the complexity of the project, it usually takes 2-3 weeks to pull together the perfect DIY Plan for you. Our team will diligently work on your behalf reviewing your specifications, style ideas, design goals and discuss any foreseeable obstacles we will face so that we can fully encompass the scope of the job in as much detail as possible.
3. When our DIY Design is complete, we will notify you via email and deliver your detailed DIY Design to you(if applicable). We'll include as much detail as possible so that we can pass the design baton to you to execute the furniture purchasing, installation, project management and styling of the space.
4. After we've presented your design, you'll have the ability to follow-up with us over one email to answer any questions you have about your Design Plan. We will also make one revision to our floor plan if you wish to see something laid out differently.
Our straightforward DIY Design process will provide you the detailed vision and framework to create the dream space you've always wanted.
Accurate Measurements: Accurate measurements of your space taken by our design team. (If this package is purchased remotely, we may ask that you provide measurements for us. We will provide you with instructions on which measurements are needed.)
Floor Plan to Scale: We will determine the best and most functional Floor Plan, designed by our team of experienced designers who know and understand the way you want to live in your space (two options maximum).
Custom Color Palette: We'll tell you how much of specific colors or tones you should use to create a cohesive look and feel.
Basic Lighting and Accessory Concept: We'll include light lighting/accessory elements in in a mood board, so you can see the direction we see your space going.
Design Plan Specifications: We'll share detailed descriptions of the furnishings we'd like you to source for the space including measurements, fabric options, arm style, cushion options, etc. If you'd like to purchase with us, ask us about the "Option to Buy for DIY Design Partners" service. ($5k minimum order.)
Comprehensive Budget: We will pull together and break down all costs associated with the level of design we are presenting you.
Local Resource List: If you need a resource to execute part of our design plan, we'll connect you with that individual or business, so you don't have to find for someone on your own.
DIY Design Bundle: Our team will bundle up an actual tangible package that we will mail or deliver to you when your DIY Design Plan is complete. We will also send you a digital copy upon receipt of the mailed bundle.
Please reach out to us if you need clarity or have any additional questions about our DIY Design Partner Package.